They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Agree? I sure do! I always feel more full and energized when I don't skip breakfast. And really, who can resist the smokey smell and sweet-salty taste of bacon?! Not me!
Breakfast food has always been my weakness. I especially love bacon, boneless bangus (milkfish), sinangag (garlic fried rice), kamatis (tomatoes), scrambled egg, tuyo, pancakes, and tapa (fried/cured beef). I can eat these the whole day, every day. So when I heard that IHOP is finally in the Philippines, I immediately
coerced asked my boyfriend to take me there.
International House of Pancakes, otherwise known as IHOP, has been around since the 1950s. They specialize in breakfast food, but also offers a wide variety of dishes for lunch and dinner. I first tried IHOP when I went to Cali 5 years ago and God, the food was sinfully gooood!
Judging by the crazy line that welcomed us, I'd say people were pretty stoked! We waited for almost an hour just to be seated. Crazzeehhh! I ordered their Quick Two-Egg Breakfast (P295) and Strawberry Banana Pancakes (P265). My boyfriend had the Quick Two-Egg Breakfast as well and Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries (P225). The food took a while to arrive, which wasn't surprising considering the crowd.
- Quick Two-Egg Breakfast: two eggs, hash browns and your choice of two crispy bacon strips or two savory pork sausage links, served with toast
- Strawberry Banana Pancakes: two pancakes filled with fresh banana slices and crowned with cool strawberries, more banana slices and whipped topping
- Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries: two whole wheat pancakes topped with sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar, servied with a slice of lemon
Here are the different syrup options for their yummy, oh-so-fluffy pancakes! I tried each one and, being a lover of everything basic, still preferred the Old Fashioned syrup the most.
Here are the "after" photos. Wow, ang linis!
Now that they're open in UP Town Center, I can't wait to go back and try their Bacon Temptation Omelette and New York Cheesecake Pancakes (this was out of stock then)!
- W Global Center, 30th St. Cor. 9th Ave., BGC, Taguig; 808 9589
- UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave., QC